Our November 2019 Women’s Forum Holiday Soiree was a great way to kick off the holiday season. We enjoyed making new and strengthening existing connections. We shared holiday plans, healthy holiday bites and gratitude for yet another year of accomplishments and success.
It was our third consecutive year inviting our friend, Monique Costello, holistic nutritionist, chef, health coach and Founder of Happy Eats Healthy, to share her favorite tips and tricks to survive the winter holidays – mind, body, and soul.
Click to view or download Monique’s Tips To Survive The Holidays Healthier.
- She is offering a 20% discount on her 21-Day Refresh for Women’s Forum. Learn more by visiting her Happy Eats Healthy website.
One commitment the CAP STRAT Women’s Forum will continue to retain is that of giving back. Our Chicago Holiday Soiree was happy to support the Women in Entrepreneurship Institute (WEI) at DePaul University. Many thanks to the women that attended and for their event fee donations, we were able to donate almost $4,000.
Kristine Steiner, a talented fashion illustrator, brought the wow factor for the second year in a row as she created beautiful illustrations for guests – of themselves, friends or family members – making special holiday gifts. And, she also donated to WEI a portion of the illustration revenue, which totaled $500.
WHAT’S AHEAD FOR 2020?
We’ll continue to create a variety of events, large and small, morning and evening, in-person and virtual for the women in our community. We will be especially strengthening and streamlining our virtual communications, delivering multiple messages in monthly newsletters like this, hosting content on our website and using video and live stream technologies, so stay tuned! Our virtual community will now be extending beyond Chicagoland and southeast Florida, and as we continue to evolve, we continue to appreciate your ideas and input, so please share them! Also, please don’t forget to add email@example.com as well as firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts or mark it as not junk in your email so you will continue to receive content and timely notification of upcoming events to stay connected to this fabulous community of women.
SAVE THE DATE!
MONEY, POWER & PURPOSE: ALIGNING YOUR FINANCES WITH YOUR FUTURE
Meaningful steps women can take to be in control of their money. Learn how to use your financial power and fuel your life’s purpose. Expect an interactive, educational and engaging presentation. REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
YEAR-END FINANCIAL TIPS
As we wrap up 2019, we want to share 5 Year-end Financial Tips to end the year and begin 2020:
- Maximize retirement savings: Review year-to-date contributions versus annual limits into tax-advantaged retirement savings accounts – 401ks/403bs, HSAs, IRAs – for you, your spouse and kids. Fill the gaps as best you can.
- Reduce taxes on investment gains: Consider using tax-loss harvesting to help offset capital gains with losses from stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
- Charitable giving: Given the increased standard deductions, implement a donation strategy that ensures you can claim a tax deduction (e.g., using a donor-advised fund) and consider more tax-efficient alternatives to annual cash contributions (e.g., appreciated assets).
- Review savings goals: Assure you are on track to achieve your retirement, college, personal savings and wealth transfer goals and confirm your asset allocation is aligned with these goals.
- Set 2020 goals: Schedule time to discuss and set financial goals for the upcoming year and beyond. Will you have any life events or family changes? How about major purchases? Any of these may impact your goals and financial plan.
We are committed to supporting your financial success. Contact us if we can help. 888-554-2744
FINALLY…A TOAST TO ALL OF YOU.
As we begin to close 2019 and embark on a new Decade, we pause to remind you that your self-care comes FIRST.
- Mind – stimulate brain health with learning to keep our minds nimble
- Body – strengthen our cores, get more sleep, and maintain a diet full of nutrients
- Soul – pause, breathe, be more mindful.
It may seem selfish, but if we don’t take care of our own needs, we can’t sustain a healthy, mind, body and soul which will limit our ability to experience fulfillment and may limit our ability to support the people and causes we care about!
Cheers to you, yours AND unabashed self-care!
The Women of CAP STRAT