We are grateful to our Women’s Forum October Meetup Speaker, Shelley Paxton, Founder and Chief SOUL Officer of Soulbbatical. She shared her journey to live a more authentic, soulful, and purposeful life and shared her quest to lead a REBELution to rewrite the script of success and liberate a billion souls.
During our Rebel Leadership in a Post-Pandemic World program, Shelley helped us understand the path to take where connecting with our souls meets greater success. Her wit and humor were infused in her tremendous insights and wisdom to create an engaging and inspiring program that you don’t want to miss – and you may want to rewatch and share with others, so do!
Here are the takeaways.
5 principles of the roadmap to living a Success-FULL life:
- Rebel FOR – commit to living and leading with greater authenticity, courage, and impact.
- Become Chief Soul Officer – a badass who takes responsibility for the direction of their life (and courageously creates it).
- Give ourselves permission.
- Celebrate values over validation.
- Celebrate boundaries over burnout.
- Seek courage over comfort.
- Self-first isn’t selfish.
- Practice Radical Self Commitment. Serve ourselves so we can powerfully serve and lead others. Model it. Support it. And systematize it.
- More than self-care
- Need to get clear on values, which inspire boundaries. Create spaciousness to do what we want to do in our lives.
- ASK: What do I need? Sleep? Fun? Friend time? (Soul fuels v. soul sucks)
- Release the “Shackles of Should.” Stop operating from a place of guilt, obligation, and someone else’s definition of success.
- ASK: What do I need to do to show up as my authentic self today? Check-in.
- Use post-it notes to put on the computer every day.
- Flip the time-off script. Embrace time off as a prerequisite for productivity, creativity, and well-being.
About our Speaker
Shelley Paxton, Author, Speaker, Founder, and Chief Soul Officer
At age 46, after 26 years in the corporate world, Shelley boldly left her role as Chief Marketing Officer at Harley-Davidson to reclaim her soul and rewrite her own script of success. That journey launched her business and her bestselling book, Soulbbatical: A Corporate Rebel’s Guide to Finding Your Best Life, as a manifesto on breaking free from the traditional shoulds and should-nots of life and leadership; and learning to become success-FULL instead of success-EMPTY. Shelley is a highly sought-after speaker, host of Rebel Souls Podcast, and continues to write and consult. She’s on a mission to liberate a billion souls.
To contact Shelley, access her podcast, or learn more about her work and offerings, go to: shelleypaxton.com.
Be sure to check out and register for the next Women’s Forum events.