Yes, we should schedule breaks to get up and move! Sometimes that is easier said than done. What are some life hacks we can use to feel great again?
We are pleased to share this recap and recording from our November 2021 Women’s Forum program: Activate your Core and Manage your Mindset to Feel Great Again. Our thanks to our expert speaker, Caty Stegemann, Physical Therapist and Founder of Centre Physical Therapy for leading this workshop for our Women’s Forum community.
This topic is such an important one given that more of us have spent more time working from home – which also means moving less, taking fewer steps, and often working longer hours – resulting in newfound pains! Listen to our program recording to learn:
How to Manage Your Mindset to Feel Great Again
- Postural adjustments we can make to our workstations
- What is “normal” pain and tightness from sitting and exercises and stretches to rectify those
- Stress and its impact on our pain levels
- Relaxation techniques for everyday use
- When to know it is time to reach out to a healthcare professional
How to Activate Your Core to Feel Great Again
- Activate your core while sitting and standing
- Proper diaphragmatic breathing: benefits and how to do it
- A few neck stretches to help your posture and pain
- Insights into the science of pain so that you maintain a positive wellness mindset.
About Our Speaker
Caty Stegemann founded Centre Physical Therapy in 2018 with a singular focus on human-centered care. Her holistic, attentive approach to patient treatment and passion for helping others makes her a veritable force in the physical therapy field. Her 25+ year career has spanned various in- and out-patient facilities; however, it was her position at Midwest Orthopedics at Rush where she solidified her now substantive expertise in post-operative hip arthroscopy. It was there that she honed her knowledge and skill, even writing protocol for surgeons specializing in arthroscopic hip surgeries. Caty managed the hip preservation group, further deepening her subject matter expertise. It is this in-depth knowledge and experience that has earned Caty recognition in her field and enthusiastic referrals from physicians throughout the Midwest.
Please click this link to learn about the next program and our next speaker.
Be well and here’s to our courageous selves!
Barbara and Nancy
Please let us know if you would like to have a conversation with us. Email the CAP STRAT Women’s Forum with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org! Or call us at 630.320.5100.